Boy Who Had Fork Jembe Lodged In His Head Dies At Kenyatta National Hospital

Fork Jembe

A two-year-old boy who had a fork jembe lodged in his skull has passed on at the Kenyatta National Referral Hospital.

According to the mother, the minor succumbed in the hands of surgeons at the hospital on Tuesday evening.

The boy had earlier been taken to Thika Level V Hospital on Monday before he was transferred to KNH on Tuesday where he passed on.

The boy’s condition had earlier in the day elicited public uproar after the mother decried delays from the staff at KNH.

Also Read: Expect tremendous economic changes in Kilifi-speaker Mwambire

KNH later released a statement clarifying that the presumed delays were meant to allow room for clotting owing to boy’s critical state.

“Our attention has been drawn to the story circulating online regarding a child admitted at KNH with a fork lodged in his skull,” read a statement by KNH Communication Department.

“The patient had lost a lot of blood and as a result, the clotting process was not occurring as expected, thereby, delaying the surgical procedure as this would have been dangerous to the patient. The patient has since been stabilized and is currently undergoing a delicate operation in KNH theatres,” said the hospital earlier on Tuesday

It is reported that the two-year-old went out to play with his siblings and other children carried a fork jembe they spotted stored in the house.

In the process of playing, one of the children allegedly hit the two-year-old with the fork jembe and it got lodged in his skull.

Be the first to comment on "Boy Who Had Fork Jembe Lodged In His Head Dies At Kenyatta National Hospital"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.