Only 40 percent of Rabai sub county, Kilifi County residents are food secure.
This is according to Rabai Deputy County Commissioner Maxwell Sokoine.
He says the rest; sixty percent are in dire need of relief food due to the ongoing drought throughout the country.
“About 40 percent of our residents are food secure, the remaining 60 percent are in dire need of relief food.” He explained.
The DCC however says Rabai sub county is not as adversely affected as Ganze sub county.
He noted that Jimba and Ruruma areas as the most affected areas.
“Our sub county unlike Ganze is not as adversely affected by drought,” he said.
According to him, Jimba area is a semi-desert and therefore no trees to attract rain.
He says the sub-county received 400 bags of rice 160 bags of beans and cartons of packed beef.
According to the DCC, Rabai/Kisurutini ward received 140 bags of rice, 60 bags of beans and 37 cartons of packed beef, Ruruma Ward, 117 bags of rice, 46 bags of beans and 23 cartons of packed beef, Kambe Ribe Ward 67 bags of rice, 24 bags of beans and 20 cartons of packed beef while Mwawesa Ward on the other hand received 74 bags of rice, 30 bags of beans and 20 cartons of packed beef.